Energy Star - Learn about energy efficient appliances as well as other ways to save energy around your home or business.
EPA's Sustainability - Find out more information regarding sustainable practices from the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
Energy Savers - Excellent website containing information on a number ways to reduce energy consumption.
Energy Trust of Oregon - A non-profit organization which helps Oregonians save energy (and money) through a variety of incentives.
Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency
- Find out what your state or local government has to offer in terms of
incentives for sustainable and energy efficient buildings.
Construction Methods & Techniques:
StrawBale.com - Learn about building with Straw bales.
Structurally Insulated Panels
- A composite building system, structurally insulated panels can
be used in a variety of applications, eliminating the need for
traditional wall, floor, and roof framing techniques.
Organizations, Councils, Institutes, & Products:
GreenGuard Environmental Institute - Evaluates the emissions and how various building materials and finishes contribute to indoor air quality.
U.S. Green Building Council
- U.S. Green Building Council is responsible for implementing the LEED
(Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Building program as
well as a number of others to promote green buildings.
Green Home Guide
- Run by the U.S. Green Building Council, the Green Home Guide is a
place to learn more about how to make sustainable choices for your home.
Forest Stewardship Council
- Founded to promote responsible management of the world's forests, the
Forest Stewardship Council is an international organization which
tracks the production of wood products around the globe.
- Leaders in the Vertical Axis Wind Turbine market, Oregon Wind is
small wind turbine developer, specializing in vertical wind turbines
that are ideal for urban environments.